Submissions to this site are welcomed and encouraged! We can’t promise that your submission will be posted (though 99% are…), but we can promise you anonymity if it is. Here’s what to do:
Send an email to: awfullibrarybooks (at) gmail.com. Please include:
- A scan of the cover of the item. JPGs are highly preferred.
- Five or so other scans of pages or sections from within the item. We’ll pick and choose what to use in the post. We rarely post more than 5 pages, so please don’t scan the entire book.
- A blurb about why you think it is an awful library book. We may or may not agree, but your reasoning makes for a more interesting post. Remember, these are awful “library” books, not just awful books. It has to exist in a library somewhere in the world – or have been recently weeded from one.
- A citation for the item also helps. Title, author, and publication year – don’t worry about that horrible APA format, just let us know what item we’re working with.
- The type of library it came from (public? university? church? legal?)
- All media types are accepted. Awful library videos, audios…even brochures are acceptable.
All submissions become the property of Awful Library Books.