Self Help for Your Nerves
My cohort in weeding, Holly, is famous for saying that “<insert name of annoying patron, family member, etc> is working my last good nerve.” In fact, she says this at least once a day. I can’t wait to show her this book and all her annoying people problems can be solved. Even better it is available in large print so she doesn’t even have to strain her eyes to see the awesome advice like:
- Willing away panic by “accepting” your condition.
- You must face and correct your weak character traits as they are the cause of your problems.
- Get your ears checked for wax build up since too much causes excessive “giddiness”.
- Nausea from nerves (as opposed to regular nausea) should be treated with vitamins and milk.
- You can cure yourself in lieu of shock treatments.
What becomes clear after reading only a few pages is the author is clearly defining conditions like depression, bipolar disorder, OCD and a host of other conditions. What truly concerns me is this book has been checked out quite a few times in the last 5 years. I am upset thinking how many people used this as guidance, and then I get mad at the staff that kept this on the shelf. Seriously, no one bothered to even walk to the stacks or run a shelf list of pub dates? Now that does get on my nerves.